Skip to: Site menu | Main content

Tacoma (Washington, U.S.A.) - June 13-15, 2008

The Tacoma Narrows Bridge is a suspension bridge between Tacoma and the Kitsap Peninsula.
The first bridge opened to traffic on July 1, 1940 and became famous four months later
for a dramatic wind-induced structural collapse that was caught on film.
The first replacement bridge opened October 14, 1950, and a parallel bridge opened July 15, 2007.